Current exhibit: May 31 - October 12, 2018
Photo: Sonia Holiad
Treasures Rediscovered & Shared
Date: Thursday, May 31, 2018 - Friday, October 12, 2018
Explore a choreographer’s life-long passion for Ukrainian dance through this collection of vintage and antique costumes, researched and collected from remote Ukrainian villages by Danovia Stechishin-Stefura.
To be announced.
To be announced.
A Century of Service: Celebrating the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada, Eastern Eparchy
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018 - Thursday, April 18, 2019
Ukrainians began immigrating to Canada as early as the 1880s from a society where church was an integral part of daily life. Of necessity, the initial years in a new land were devoted to basic survival, but by 1918, after almost 25 years of Ukrainian settlement in Canada, the Ukrainian Canadian community became strong enough financially and organizationally to respond to the spiritual, social and cultural needs of its members. That year, Ukrainians established the church of their forefathers in their new homeland, thereby contributing to Canada’s developing cultural fabric.
In 2018, the Ukrainian Museum of Canada, Ontario Branch will recognize the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada.
Our educational exhibit will highlight the cultural and material heritage of the Eastern Eparchy churches in Ontario and Quebec, including their sacred textiles and embroideries, distinctive architecture, music of worship and celebration, icons and iconography, and the economic and community-building impact the churches and their halls have had within their geographic areas.
This exhibit, suitable for all ages, will include educational programs for school and community groups.
Exhibitions at the Ukrainian Museum of Canada, Ontario Branch reflect the cultural and historic heritage of Canadians of Ukrainian descent, as well as their contribution to the Canadian mosaic.
- Trunk Tales: Leaving home ... finding home (2017-2018)
- Ancient•Contemporary: Symbolic Forms of Ukrainian Tradition (2016-2017)
- For our Children (2016)
- Diverse yet United, Part 2 (2015)
- Diverse yet United, Part 1 (2014)
- Mamyna Sorochka (2014)
- The Art of Revolution (2014)
- Christ is Born (2011-2012)
- All that Matters … The Art of Ivaan Kutulsky in Retrospect (2009)
- At Home With Heritage (2007-2008)
- Three for Three
- The Story Strings Tell (2005-2006)
- Sorochka: Seasons of the Year, Seasons of Life (2001)
- Kylyms of Ukraine (1998-1999)
- Legacy of Trypillia
- Ukrainian Pioneer Furniture (1992-1993)